Our Guarantee: UCCL (UNIVERSITY CONTRACTING CORPORATION LIMITED), the franchisor
of "University First Class Painters", provides a guarantee to all clients of our
independent franchise contractors. The conditions within this guarantee CANNOT BE
ALTERED WITHOUT THE WRITTEN CONSENT of the franchisor, UCCL. To ensure the activation
of your guarantee please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including your name,
address, telephone number, contract number, amount paid, date of completion and
the name of your independent franchise contractor within 60 days of payment.
- Two years on all applicable workmanship.
- Painting is guaranteed for a period of two years from the date of completion against
cracking and peeling resulting from our workmanship.
- We will only fix the specific areas that have failed.
- Our guarantee is for labour only. The client will supply paint, primer and any materials
required to facilitate the necessary repairs.
- We will only repair in accordance with the description of the original work.
- Guarantee work will be completed as soon as possible after notification of the problem.
For the best service, notification should take place before April 30 in order for
the work to be completed in the upcoming season. Guarantee work must be reported
by July 15th in order for completion within the year reported.
- Guarantee work will be done in July, August, September or October (weather permitting).
In some areas, guarantee claims may be rectified earlier in the year at the franchisor's
- This guarantee is not transferable to another individual or corporation.
- UCCL, in some circumstances, and in its sole discretion, may choose to provide a
cash value for any valid guarantee claims. This value will be determined based on
the percentage of job failure and the actual cost of the job at the time the work
OUR GUARANTEE DOES NOT COVER:
- Galvanized metal (and other metal surfaces) and / or plastic surfaces, unless area
is pre-finished aluminum and / or steel siding without pre-existing adhesion problems.
- Mould or fungus that results from environmental causes.
- Areas that are walked on such as porches, steps, balconies, verandas, decks, floors
and other walked-on structures.
- All areas attached to porches, steps, balconies, verandas, decks, floors and other
walked-on structures including, but not limited to, areas such as rails, posts,
pillars and lattice.
- Work not paid for in full or not paid on a timely basis. Timely is here defined
as work not paid within thirty days from the date of completion.
- Areas specifically stated in Other Details (on proposal) as impossible to guarantee.
- Baked-on finishes that customer requests to be refinished.
- Varnished surfaces.
- Work for which customer supplies paint.
- Work subcontracted and / or worked on by any other individual or contractor.
- Vinyl wall covering and wallpapering.
- Areas that have a moisture problem and / or areas where moisture pools on the surface.
This specifically excludes but is not limited to window trim and windowsills.
- Any work performed where a client has specifically requested scraping and painting
without a primer application.
- Bubbles and blisters caused by inner-coat adhesion problems.
- This guarantee does not cover unfinished work. UCCL is not responsible for unfinished
work. It is the responsibility of the independent franchise contractor and the client
to ensure that all work is completed prior to the conclusion of the project.
- This guarantee does not cover any damage to a client's property. UCCL is not responsible
for any damage to client property. It is the sole liability of the independent franchise
contractor to remedy any damage to a client's property.